ENGL 226 (20)

Charlotte Perkins Gilman Reading.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

McGill University
English (Arts)
ENGL 226
Kait Pinder

Charlotte Perkins Gilman Reading THE YELLOW WALL-PAPER BY CHARLOTTE PERKINS GILMAN Identify • "practical in the extreme. He has no patience in faith, an intense horror in superstition, and he scoffs openly at any talk of things not to be felt and seen and put down in figures." • "John does not know how much I suffer. He only knows there is no reason to suffer, and that satisfies him." • "Personally, I believe that congenial work, with excitement and change, would do me good." • "He is very careful and loving, and hardly lets me stir without special direction." • "The colour is repellent, almost revolting; a smouldering unclean yellow, strangely faded by slow-turning sunlight." • "There are things in that paper that nobody knows by me, or ever will." • "And it is like a woman stooping down and creeping about behind that pattern." • "The faint figure behind seemed to shake the pattern, just as if she wanted to get out." • "At night in any kind of light, in twilight, candle light, lamplight, and worst of all by moonlight, it becomes bars! The outside pattern I mean, and
More Less

Related notes for ENGL 226

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.