Edna St. Vincent Millay Reading
[I, BEING BORN A WOMAN] BY EDNA ST. VINCENT MILLAY
• "I, being born a woman and distressed/ By all the needs and notions of my
kind,/ Am urged by your propinquity to find/ Your person fair"
• "I find this frenzy insufficient reason/ For conversation when we meet again"
• a partner is just a casual hook up
◦ democratizes and frees women
• reverses the female image
I THINK I SHOULD HAVE LOVED YOU PRESENTLY BY EDNA ST. VINCENT
• "I think i should have loved you presently,/ And given in earnest words I f