Philosophy
Course
PHIL 200
Professor
Storrs Mc Call
Semester
Fall

Description
thOctober 28Philosophy ConferenceSense data what we perceivemay be different than another persons Instead of thinking about the object we isolate the visual experience Most basic elementsbuilding blocks of our visual experience Visual sense data pixel on the screen a mosaic of colours Sensation vs Sense Dataact of experiencing the sense data Introduces the distinction to avoid confusionphysical object vs sense data the table is brownConfusion because theres no proof that the table actually is brown in realityAppearance doesnt mean illusion as it does for Platosense data only thing that we know for surething you immediately experienceReality physical objectswe can assume there arent any objects at all out of consciousnessThinks Descartes isnt critical enough in to cogitalself can change from moment to moment I think therefore I am When youre getting sense data its very clear You dont have an experience in yourself as you do with sense data No experience of ourselves D
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 200

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit