COMM 103 Chapter 8: Business Structure and Culture

91 views3 pages

Document Summary

Organisational structure, culture, management: framework of business operation + work environment, exchange of knowledge + methods of communication. Control systems to manage strategic intent: guides managers and employees to determine success of meeting goals and objectives i. e. financial management system, communication tools enabling flow of info. Mechanisms for effective talent management: decision-making hierarchy, allocation of power. Operational processes and market support and alignment: support pro(cid:272)esses regardi(cid:374)g produ(cid:272)tio(cid:374), (cid:373)arketi(cid:374)g, sales, ser(cid:448)i(cid:272)es , aka value chain. 3 key questions: best structure maintains relationship with customer base and ensures efficiency, culture/environment needed to facilitate high-performance work and systems, management approach best supports activities to achieve goals and objectives. Culture and environment: how individuals in organisation behave and how they react to any challenge. Managerial hierarchy: levels of management necessary to manage organisation. Includes production, cross-fu(cid:374)(cid:272)tio(cid:374)al tea(cid:373)s, jo(cid:271) rotatio(cid:374), trai(cid:374)i(cid:374)g, (cid:374)e(cid:449) te(cid:272)h : nature of the work, specific tasks to be accomplished at individual job levels, what the business seeks to provide to customers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers