PSYC 334 Chapter Notes -Retail Clerk, Central Tendency, Empirical Relationship

35 views13 pages

Document Summary

Tests used for employment and vocational testing do not necessarily break down into correct and incorrect answers. Employment and vocational testing often seeks to measure As they relate to Historical view of industrial- organizational psychology. Industrial- organizational psychology (i- o): study of psychology concerned with organizations, often used in business; interested in human behaviour in the workplace. During world war i three major companies were created that devoted energies to i- o psychology. Scott company walter dill scott. Psychological corporation james mckeen cattell. Association of consulting psychologists. The hawthorne studies are a famous example of applied field i- o psychology. (12 : 1) Expansion of i- o psychology during wwii. Huge growth area of psychology projected increase of 21% between 2006- 2016. Cognitive ability tests can predict a wide variety of job performance variables. (12 : 2) Findings of john hunter and frank schmidt. Correlation between cognitive ability and job performance, r = 0. 53.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers