SOCY 210 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Marriage Records, Content Analysis

35 views3 pages

Document Summary

Experiments and survey research are reactive - the people being studied are aware of that fact unaware that they are in a study. Non-reactive measures in which people being studied are: largely based on positivist principals. Techniques: unobtrusive measures another name for non-reactive research, studying historical pictures, contents of dumps, radio stations, tiles in parts of the museum, etc, physical traces: erosion, i. e. worn out toys at a daycare vs. newer looking ones. Accretion, i. e. brands of coke bottles in trash: archives: running records, i. e. marriage records for the brides and grooms ages. Other records: i. e. , private records, receipts: observation: external appearance, i. e. , whether students wear school colors after their team has won or not. Coding is the process of converting raw information into another form of analysis i. e. , converting text into numbers. Coding system is a set of instructions of rules used to explain how to systematically convert symbolic content from text into data.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers