1) What are the three different forms of business organizations? What are the
advantages and the disadvantages to each of these forms?
2) Define the three business activities of a company and provide examples of
each of these activities.
o Raising funds
o Purchasing equipment
o Buying and selling goods and services
3) What is the purpose of financial accounting?
Branch of accounting that prepares financial statements for outside
4) Who are the primary users of accounting information?
Owners, shareholders, accountants
5) What is the purpose of each of the financial statements? How are the
financial statements interrelated?
Financial statements show the progress or current state of a
company. They are important to provide information to internal and
external users. They are interrelated because they all rely on each
other for information. For example: income statement is needed to
figure out the net income which is used on the statement of
retained earnings which is then shown on the balance sheet
6) What is the accounting equation and how is it connected to the financial
Assets = liabilities + owners equity
7) You are deciding whether to invest in a company shares. Which financial
statement would you want to see, and which areas would you be most
Liabilities: to see who else the company