CYC 802 Chapter Notes - Chapter Articles: Learned Helplessness, Erectile Dysfunction

41 views2 pages

Document Summary

Contextualizing not knowing: terminology and the role of professional identity by anderson- There are times when practitioners will simply not know how to respond which can lead to professional anxiety and even burnout. B(cid:455) (cid:374)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)g the (cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:272)ept (cid:862)(cid:374)ot-k(cid:374)o(cid:449)i(cid:374)g,(cid:863) this allo(cid:449)s pra(cid:272)titio(cid:374)ers to see it (cid:271)oth as a(cid:374) i(cid:374) the moment experience but also as having longer term implications. * one of the themes for paper could be the language within cyc and how it can be vague, and therefore hard to name what you are feeling which could lead to dealing with it * Professionalism and professional identity are central to understanding the meanings that practitioners ascribe to their experiences of not-knowing. Professional identity rests upon the perceived ability of the professional to effectively respond to professional situations; this ability can define the profession itself, however youth work struggles within its professional identity and public acceptance.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers