GMS 200 Chapter 1: Chapters 1, 4, 5

75 views15 pages
lily.dilaudo and 39833 others unlocked
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
24 documents

Document Summary

Gms200 m i d t er m rev i ew (sum mar ized) Work ing challenges for t he new economy. I ntellectual capital: collective brainpower or share knowledge of a workforce that can be used to create value. Globalization: the worldwide interdependence of resource flows, product markets, and business competition that characterize the new economy. Technology: a continuing transformation of a modern workplace through (the internet, www, computer, information technology) Diversity: within a workforce which reflects that differences with respects to gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation. A diverse multicultural workforce both challenges and offers opportunities to employers. Ethics: code of moral principles, society requires business to operate with high moral standards. Careers: 21st century, not limited only to full-time positions, opened up to (part-time and seasonal), Skills must be convenient in different work industries and must always be up to date. Organization: a collection of people who work together in order to achieve a common purpose.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers