- Information system and organizations influence one another
- Interaction between them is based on many different aspects including goal, structure, culture,
- Organizations are a form of social structure that uses resources to produce goods or services.
- To implement information technology, organizations not only rearrange or add machineries, it
has to change the way they think, work, relationships, etc.
- Techniques and behavior does not separate technology systems, rather complements them.
- Routines develop into business processes, and combination of business processes are
- Organizational politics influence implementation of information technology in entities.
- Information systems are key for “scanning” external changes, so managers can react quickly to
those changes internally.
- Disruptive technology- when technology changes whole landscape of the whole industry
- Five types of organizations: Entrepreneurial structure, Machine bureaucracy, multiple
bureaucracy, professional bureaucracy, and adhocracy.