• Accounting and finance ERP components 123: Manages accounting data and financial processes
within the enterprise with functions such as general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable,
budgeting, and asset management.
• Balanced scorecard 128: A management system (not only a measurement system) that enables
organizations to clarify their vision and strategy and translate them into action.
• Business intelligence 125: Applications and technologies that are used to gather, provide access
to, and analyze information to support people's decisionmaking efforts.
• Core ERP components 123: Traditional components included in most ERP systems and they
primarily focus on internal operations.
• Corporate policy 109: A dimension of social responsibility that refers to the position a firm takes
on social and political issues.
• Corporate responsibility 109: A dimension of social responsibility that includes everything from
hiring minority workers to making safe products.
• Customer relationship management (CRM) 125: Involves managing all aspects of a customer's
relationship with an organization to increase customer loyalty and retention, and an organization's
• Ebusiness 125: The conducting of business on the Internet, not only buying and selling, but also
serving customers and collaborating with business partners.
• Elogistics 125: Manages the transportation and storage of goods.
• Eprocurement 125: The B2B purchase and sale of supplies and services over the Internet.
• Ewaste 111: Old computer equipment.
• Electronic tagging 115: A technique for identifying and tracking assets and individuals via
technologies, such as radio frequency identification and smart cards.
• Enterprise application integration (EAI) middleware 127: Represents a new approach to
middleware by packaging together commonly used functionality, such as providing prebuilt links to
popular enterprise applications, which reduces the time necessary to develop solutions that integrate
applications from multiple vendors.
• Enterprise resource planning (ERP) 116: Integrates all departments and functions