Chapter 2 Review Questions
1. Your colleague is trying to upgrade from Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition to Windows Server 2008
Standard Edition, but the Setup program won’t allow the upgrade. Which of the following is the problem?
Answer: c. Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition cannot be upgraded to Windows Server 2008
2. Your IT director heard about a fast but inexpensive new computer and purchased it to be the new Windows
Server 2008 server on the network. When you attempt to install Windows Server 2008, the operating system
won’t install because there seems to be a problem with the BIOS in the new computer. How might this dilemma
have been avoided?
Answer: d. The IT director should have checked to see if the computer hardware and BIOS were certified
for Windows Server 2008.
3. You have installed Windows Server 2008, but when the computer reboots you only see a command-line screen.
However, you intended to implement a full version of the operating system with the normal Windows GUI.
What has happened?
Answer: d. During the installation, you selected to install Server Core instead of the full installation.
4. Which of the following are roles that can be implemented in Windows Server 2008? (Choose all that apply.)
Answer: b.Application Server, c. Fax Server, d. Terminal Services
5. You have installed Windows Deployment Services, but the installation does not properly work. Which of the
following might be the problem? (Choose all that apply.)
Answer: a. No DHCP server is present on the network. and b.Active Directory is not installed on a network
6. Before you install Windows Server 2008, the company’s management team has expressed a concern about the
marketing department using too much disk space on the server, because they don’t regularly delete old files.
What feature(s) of NTFS in Windows Server 2008 can be used to help address this concern? (Choose all that
Answer: b. compression and d. disk quotas
7. The maximum length for a Windows Server 2008 computer name is _____.
Answer: 63 characters
8. The _____ server role is used to manage security tokens and security services for a Web-based network.
Answer: Active Directory Federation Services
9. Your company plans to purchase and implement 21 new servers in the next few months and then add 10 more
over the next year. You want to make a case for using Windows Deployment Services. Which of the following
do you mention as you make the case? (Choose all that apply.)
Answer: a. lowers installation costs, b. enables consistent deployment and configuration, and d. enables the
servers to be administered together through