Chapter 8 – Inception and Elaboration
8.2 Process: Inception and Elaboration
What happened in Inception?
- This is not the requirements phase of the project
- The artifacts are brief, incomplete, quick and light investigation
- Most actors, goals, and uses cases named
- Most use cases written
- Risk list
- Technical proof-of-concept prototypes and other investigations to explore the technical
feasibility of special requirements
- Use interface-oriented prototypes
What happens in Elaboration?
- The core, risky software architecture is programmed and tested
- The majority of requirements are discovered and stabilized
- The major risks are mitigated or retired
- It is not the design phase or a phase when the models are fully developed in preparation for