ITM 350 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Transmission Control Protocol, Packet Switching, Internet Backbone

131 views7 pages

Document Summary

Innovation phase (1961-1974) the fundamental building blocks of the internet were conceptualized and then implemented in actual hardware and software. Initial purpose was to link large mainframe pcs on different college campuses. Institutionalization phase (1975-1995) large institutions (i. e. u. s. dod) provided funding and legitimization for the internet: commercialization phase (1995-present) u. s. government encourage private corporations to take over and expand the internet backbone. In 1995, the federal networking council passed a resolution defining the internet as a network that the uses ip addressing scheme, supports the transmission control protocol, and makes services available to users. Tcp establishes the connection and ip pro(cid:448)ides the i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)et"s addressing scheme and is responsible for delivery of the packets. There"s (cid:1008) la(cid:455)ers: (cid:374)et(cid:449)ork, i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)et, tra(cid:374)sfer, a(cid:374)d appli(cid:272)atio(cid:374) la(cid:455)er: client/server computing model of computing in which client computers are connected in a network together with one or more servers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers