LAW 122 Chapter 5: Chapter 5 - Miscellaneous Torts Affecting Business

117 views7 pages

Document Summary

Backround rules recurring tension in business law: aggressive competition vs fair play, market forces vs legal intervention acts permitted unless specifically prohibited, business torts: the exception not the rule. Conspiracy: conspiracy: occurs when two or more defendants agree to act together with the primary purpose of causing the plaintiff to suffer a financial loss. I n t i m i dat ion. I n terference qit h contractual re lat ion. **indirect inducement to breach of contract also includes proof that the defendant"s actions were themselves unlawful o. Un lawful i n terference wit h econom ic relat ions: unlawful interference with economic relations: occurs if the defendant commits an unlawful act for the purpose of causing the plaintiff to suffer an economic loss. Lawful - hurting plaintiff must be defendant"s primary purpose. Act must be directed at plaintiff but hurting plaintiff need not be defendant"s primary purpose www. notesolution. com. Indirect inducement to breach of contract defendants act must be unlawful.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers