Chapter 12

LAW122 Chapter 12 Notes.docx

3 Pages
Unlock Document

Ryerson University
Law and Business
LAW 122
Jared C.Allen

LAW 122 Chapter 12 Notes Contractual Remedies Damages Damages are an award of money that is intended to cure a wrongful event such as a breach of contract Ex If I agree to sell you a car and you pay me for that car but I breach the contract You will be awarded the monetary value of the car not the car itselfExpectation Damages o This represents the monetary value of the benefit that the plaintiff expected to receive under the contract o These damages are forwardlooking They are looking to place the plaintiff in the position that they expected to be in after the contract was properly performed Ex If I agree to pay 5000 for a computer that is worth 7000 and I expect to make 2000 dollars profit on it and the vendor refuses delivery I am entitled to 2000 dollars o Expected Damagesexpected benefits under the contractcosts under the contract o Expectation of damages is complicated in certain situationsDifficulty of CalculationsSometimes an amount is difficult to calculateEx someone making a beauty contest contestant miss a pageant The change of them wi
More Less

Related notes for LAW 122

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.