4 Pages

Department
Human Resources
Course Code
MHR 523
Professor
Kristyn Scott
Chapter

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.
Chapter 13 Notes
THE STRATEGIC ROLE OF BENEFITS
-Employee benefits: indirect financial payments given to employees. They may include supplementary
health and life insurance, vacation, pension, education plans, and discounts on company products.
-can attract and retain employees
GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED BENEFITS
EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE (EI)
-employment insurance: a federal program that provides income benefits if a person is unable to work
through no fault of his or her own
-to receive, employee must have worlZu]v]uµuZµo](Ç]vP]}[
-55% of average earnings during the last 14-26 weeks of qualifying period
-must be actively seeking work
CANADA/QUEBEC PENSION PLAN (C/QPP)
-Canada/Quebec pension plan (C/QPP): programs that provide three types of benefits: retirement
income; survivor on death benefits payable to the uo}Ç[vvPo}(P]u}(
death; and disability benefits payable to employees with disabilities and their dependants. Benefits are
payable only to those individuals who make contributions to the plans and/or available to their family
members.
tKZ<Z^[KDWE^d/KE
-Á}l[}uv]}vWÁ}l[}uv]}v}À]]v}uvu]ov(]}À]]u}(
work-related accidents or illnesses and/or their dependants, regardless of fault
-}v}oo]vPÁ}l[}uv]}v}
1) institute effective safety and health programs
2) institute rehabilitation program
VACATION AND HOLIDAYS
-HolidaysÆ New years day, good Friday, Canada day, Labour day, Christmas day, Victoria day*,
Thanksgiving day*, Remembrance Day*
LEAVES OF ABSENCE
-Maternity parental leave, death of family (bereavement leave), medical
-clear procedure for any leave of absence is essential (e.g. application forms)
PAY ON TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT
www.notesolution.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Chapter 13 Notes THE STRATEGIC ROLE OF BENEFITS -Employee benefits: indirect financial payments given to employees. They may include supplementary health and life insurance, vacation, pension, education plans, and discounts on company products. -can attract and retain employees GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED BENEFITS EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE (EI) -employment insurance: a federal program that provides income benefits if a person is unable to work through no fault of his or her own -to receive, employee must have worlZK]L]KKZo]]L2]}[ -55% of average earnings during the last 14-26 weeks of qualifying period -must be actively seeking work CANADAQUEBEC PENSION PLAN (CQPP) -CanadaQuebec pension plan (CQPP): programs that provide three types of benefits: retirement income; survivor on death benefits payable to the Ko}[ZLLZ2oZZ}2]K} death; and disability benefits payable to employees with disabilities and their dependants. Benefits are payable only to those individuals who make contributions to the plans andor available to their family members. JKZ
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit