MHR 711 Chapter 7: MHR 711 - Chapter 7 Psychosocial Hazards.docx

134 views9 pages

Document Summary

Stressors: objectively verifiable event that exists and occurs outside the individual that has the potential to cause stress, i. e. congested traffic worrying that you"ll be late for work, get yelled at, get fired, dimension of stressors vary by frequencies of occurrence, intensity, duration, predictability (time of onset, specific time of onset = you know exactly when it began, nonspecific = you don"t know when, four categories: acute, chronic, daily, catastrophic, acute: i. e. traffic accident, performance review meeting, conflict with supervisor, chronic: i. e. job insecurity cannot point to a specific event/time that triggered the insecurity, daily: i. e. dealing with a broken piece of office equipment, catastrophic: i. e. 9/11 for those directly involved and long term consequences for those individuals who live with fear of terrorism, distinction between acute and catastrophic relates to intensity of the stressor (direct threat to life, loss of life, or major property damage extremely high intensity vs. conflict with supervisor high intensity)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers