MHR 733 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Overlearning, Rieti

105 views5 pages

Document Summary

Take place within classroom setting, outside of a classroom setting, and are even incorporated into computer-based training. I(cid:374)dividual i(cid:374)stru(cid:272)tio(cid:374)al (cid:373)ethods are (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:271)i(cid:374)ed to (cid:272)reate a (cid:862)progra(cid:373)(cid:863) or (cid:862)(cid:272)ourse(cid:863: referred to as a training session, seminar, workshop, symposium, or conference. Methods vary in degree of trainee involvement: lecture (least) to active learning (most) Lecture: trainer organizes content/presents orally, advantages: Listeners all get the same message: disadvantages: Not effective for development of skills/change of attitudes. Little learner involvement: tips for use: Discussion: leader facilitates analysis of a problem/case, five purposes: 1) helps members recognize what they do not know but should. 2) opportunity for members to get answers to questions. 3) allows members to get advice on concerns. 4) allows sharing ideas and deriving a common wisdom. 5) way to learn about one another: tips for use: Case study: trainees discuss, analyze, and solve problems based on real solutions, objectives: Deal with variety of problems, goals, facts, conditions, and conflicts.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers