BPK 143 Chapter Notes -Cushioning, Blind Experiment
SchoolSimon Fraser University
DepartmentBiomedical Physio & Kines
Course CodeBPK 143
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
1. What is the difference between infectious and chronic diseases? Which are more
•Infections disease is communicable between individuals, and is caused
by bacteria or virus. Chronic diseases develop over a long amount of
time and are caused by a variety of factors. Since medicine has
advanced so well, infectious diseases are on a decline, and chronic
diseases are more prevalent today
2. Physical activity can reduce the risk of an individual developing many diseases.
Name four such diseases.
3. Describe the important steps in developing a fitness plan.
•Set mini goals and rewards
•Include a physically active lifestyle
•Develop measuring tools
•Make a commitment
4. Describe four factors you should be aware of regarding the fit of a pair of running
•Height of foot arch in the shoe compared to your own foot arch
•Size of toe box
•Shoe type (for tennis or running in general?) including width
•Fit of heels. Do they rise up when you walk?
•Any pressure points?
5. Describe clothing and safety recommendations for people who cycle to work.
•No loose pants where they can get caught
•Wear a helmet at all times
•Light colored clothing so you are easier to see
•Obey traffic rules
•Use hand signals
•Maintain your bike well
See appendix page A-2 in the textbook.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version