BUS 272 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Cognitive Dissonance, Absenteeism, Motivation

66 views2 pages

Document Summary

Attitude evaluative statements, either favorable/unfavorable, about pp, objects, events. Components of attitude: cognitive component = evaluation - description or belief in the way things are. Vd: my pay is low: affective component feeling = emotion or feeling segment of attitude. Vd: i"(cid:373) a(cid:374)gry that (cid:373)y pay is lo(cid:449: behavioral component action = intention to behave in a certain way. Cognitive dissonance any incompatibility one perceive btw two or more attitudes or attitude and behaviors. Job satisfaction employee attitude a positive feeling about a job from evaluation of its characteristics. Job involvement people identify psychologically with their job and consider their perf level important to self-worth. Psychological empowerment e(cid:373)ployee"s (cid:271)elief i(cid:374) the degree to (cid:449)hi(cid:272)h they i(cid:374)flue(cid:374)(cid:272)e their (cid:449)ork environment, their competencies, the meaningfulness of their job, the autonomy. Organizational commitment identify with a particular organization and its goals and wish to remain as a member. Perceived organizational support (pos) employee believes organization value the contribution and care for his well-being.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers