BUS 343 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Cognitive Dissonance, Market Structure, Extranet

126 views5 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 6 understanding consumer and business buyer behavior. Issues that arise during the consumption process: pre-purchase decision process, source of info, purchase good or bad experience, post-purchase satisfactory g/s? environmental consequences. Consumer market all individuals and households that buy or acquire g/s for personal consumption: north america 345 million people that consumer more than usd15 trillion of g/s. Characteristics affecting consumer behavior: cultural, social, personal, and psychological. Lifestyle a pe(cid:396)so(cid:374)"s patte(cid:396) of li(cid:448)i(cid:374)g as e(cid:454)p(cid:396)essed i(cid:374) his/he(cid:396) a(cid:272)ti(cid:448)ities, i(cid:374)te(cid:396)ests a(cid:374)d opi(cid:374)io(cid:374)s (aio dimensions: consumers buy the values and lifestyles that products represent, activities (work, hobbies, shopping, sports, social events) The buyer decision process (the order of process depends on nature of buyer, product and buying situation: need recognition triggered by internal stimuli (normal needs) or external stimuli (ads, friends, etc) Interpersonal authority, status, empathy, persuasiveness subtle. Individual age, income, education, job position, personality, risk attitudes. These buying process steps are for new task.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers