Chapter 8

Human Resources Chapter 8 textbook notes

6 Pages
Unlock Document

Simon Fraser University
Business Administration
BUS 381
Melissa Mc Crae

Human Resources Chapter 8 TextbookTotal compensation All forms of pay and benefits given to employees arising from their employmentStrategic aspects of total compensationA strategic tool to improve performance reward performance and contribute to the achievement of strategic goalsTwo traditional components direct financial payments pay and indirect payments benefitsWork experience is now being considered as a third component of total compensationQuestions typically asked by employeesWhy did I receive this particular salary increase or bonusHow does what I earn reflect my personal performance and contributionsDo higher performers earn more significant rewards than average or low performers If so how much moreHow did considerations such as company or unit performance influence what I earnedWhat do I need to do to earn the same amount or more next yearWhat should I do to move into a higher salary rangeIs my pay competitive with the market How do you knowProcedural justice When the policies and procedures for determining how pay is calculated are perceived as fairDistributive justice When the rate of pay for a given job is perceived as unfair
More Less

Related notes for BUS 381

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.