The Heart of Understanding Reading I (1-26)
Please read the text thoughtfully!
1. Read the Forward, page one and two. What is your impression of The Heart of
Perfect Understanding? What meaning do you get out it? Why might it be hard
2. Read pages 3-4. What is the concept of interbeing. What is your reaction to it?
3. “As thin as this piece of paper is, it contains everything in the universe in it.” P. 4
How is this possible? Explain in your own words and give another example.
4. Read up to page 8. What is the difference between knowledge and
understanding? Is this a useful distinction? How does it connect to the Gita?
5. Read up to page 8. “Empty of a separate self”. Explain that in your