Psychology
Course
PSYC 210
Professor
Cathy Mc Farland
Semester
Fall

Description
Chapter 2 1 Quick Review of Chapter 1:  Kurtosis – how much your graph varies in distribution from the normal curve o Peakness, flatness, higher/ower Mean = M = ̅ Equal-interval vs. Ratio Interval  Equal-interval and ratio variables are the same, except ratio variables have an absolute zero.  The difference between two successive categories are the same  i.e., the difference between 1 inch and 2 inches is the same as the difference between 100 inch and 101 inches. Distribution: Central Tendency: Mean: Chapter 2 2 Median  This may be mentioned as a clue if a distribution is skewed ****important to know!****  The middle score o i.e., line up the numbers from lowest to highest, find the very middle value, and that is your median o 5 6 7 8 9  If there is more than one median… o 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 o Find the mean of the two medians  Add both, divide by the number of values you added (in this case, 2)  5 + 6 = 11 ÷ 2 = 5.5 = the median! Mode  The most frequent score  You can tell by looking at the frequency of the values. Whichever has the highest frequency = mode  OR you can tell by looking at a graph. A graph can have more than one mode… Explanation and Meaning of Various Distributions: ***Measurement variability and mean aren’t dependent on sample size!!!! Chapter 2
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 210

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit