Quality Function Deployment
Quality Function Deployment is a customer-centric method of improving processes and
organizations based on the feedback of customers.
Goals of Implementing QFD
• Prioritize all customer requirements.
• Translate requirements into characteristics and specifications.
• Deliver product that satisfies customers.
• Planning of new products
• Requirements gathering and design.
• Determination of process characteristics.
• Controlling manufacturing processes.
• Documentation of existing product specifications.
QFD Phase Overview
1. Product Planning
Construction of House of Quality
Documents customer requirements, warranty data, competitive opportunities, product
measurements, competing product measures, and the technical ability of the organization to
meet each customer requirement
2. Product Design
Product concepts and specifications created.
3. Process Planning