• Pancreatic enzymes work with intestinal enzymesto break nutrients into building blocks.
• Hepatic portal vein bringsnutrient-laden blood into the liverwhich monitors blood content
• Largest internal organ in the body
• Produces bile
• Controls glucose level
• Packageslipidsinto lipoproteinsto transport lipidsin blood.
• Removespoisonous substances
• Hepatitis:Inflammationof the liver
• Jaundice:Liver isnot removing bilirubin(yellowishpigment that is a by-product of red blood
cell breakdown) resulting in yellowishtinge to skinand eyes. Symptom of any liverdamaging