CIS 2050 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Edward Snowden, Data Mining, Data Protection Directive

67 views6 pages

Document Summary

P(cid:396)ofesso(cid:396)(cid:859)s notes: the collection of private information using cookies from facebook, google search is well known, and collecting your browsing patterns in a shopping web site is already part of the reality of life, big data technology. Privacy and information technology (jeroen van den hoven) Inspired by subsequent developments in u. s. law, a distinction can be made between: constitutional (or decisional) privacy. Concerned with the interest of individuals in exercising control over access to information about themselves a(cid:374)d is (cid:373)ost ofte(cid:374) (cid:396)efe(cid:396)(cid:396)ed to as (cid:862)i(cid:374)fo(cid:396)(cid:373)atio(cid:374)al p(cid:396)i(cid:448)a(cid:272)(cid:455)(cid:863: statements about privacy can be either descriptive or normative, Informational privacy in a normative sense refers typically to a non-absolute moral right of persons to have direct or indirect control over access to: Situations in which others could acquire information about oneself. I is composed of those individuals with respect to whom s wants to keep the personal propositions private: personal data.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers