FRHD 3400 Chapter 5: Chapter 5: Opening Communication

36 views3 pages

Document Summary

Introduction: defining and questioning questions self-exploration questions lead to reason. What questions often lead to talk about facts, how questions lead to feelings or process and why. Skilled attending is the foundation of the microskills hierarchy. Questio(cid:374)s help i(cid:374) pi(cid:374)poi(cid:374)ti(cid:374)g a(cid:374)d (cid:272)la(cid:396)if(cid:455)i(cid:374)g issues, ope(cid:374) (cid:374)e(cid:449) dis(cid:272)ussio(cid:374) a(cid:396)eas, a(cid:374)d aid i(cid:374) (cid:272)lie(cid:374)t(cid:859)s. Questions are essential for many theories and styles of helping especially cbt, brief counseling, Open questions: cannot be answered in a few words; deeper exploration; encourage talking and and career decision making. Types of questions provide the most information; how, what, why, could. If you use open ended questions effectively, the client may talk more freely and openly. Closed questions: obtain specifics; answered in few words; guiding the talk remains on the counselor; is, are, do. Elicit shorter responses and may provide you with specific information. **** questions starting in could, can, would are considered open however they are somewhat closed thus giving more power to the client.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers