Microbiology
Course
MICR 3230
Professor
Azad Kaushik
Semester
Fall

Description
The Major Histocompatibility Complex and Antigen Presentation (Chapter 8) Summary - MHC encodes class I, II molecules functioning in antigen presentation to T cells, class III molecules with diverse functions - MHC genes tightly linked and generally inherited as a “block” from parents  groups of alleles called haplotypes - MHC genes are polymorphic – many alleles exist for each genes – polygenic – many different genes exist - Class II molecules  large glycoprotein chain and β2-microglobulin, protein with a single domain - Class I molecules expressed on almost all nucleated cells - Class II molecules restricted to B cells, macrophages & dendritic cells * APC - Proteasomes and transporters involved in antigen processing (before T cell recognition) - MHC alleles influence immune responsiveness and antigen presenting ability  also susceptibility to many diseases + - Class I molecules  present endo
More Less

Related notes for MICR 3230

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit