DISCUSS 2.docx

1 Page
Unlock Document

University of Guelph
Marketing and Consumer Studies
MCS 3040
Joseph Radocchia

Yes, I agree with what Virginia said. Make a short conclusion of her statement my opinions, litigation can be slow, high cost, stressful, imposed decision, and no choice over process and decision maker, and usually bad for relationships and bring unpleasant publicity. In contrast, ADR will be cheaper and quicker because it is less discovery and no appeal; it is controllable, private, helps to reduce the degree of contentiousness connected to the litigation and thus protects the relationship. For one of the forms In ADR-Arbitration, the advantage is choice of process and arbitrator, decision may be binding. Moreover, even if we are in court, we can still use ARD. Many courts set up dispute resolution programs that require parties to take part in some form of ADR before going to the court. However, not all of the disputes are suitable to use ADR. For example, when the dispute involves violence, the courts can offer better protection for the victim; similarly, when there exists a big unbalance of power, even the experienced mediator
More Less

Related notes for MCS 3040

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.