POLS 1400 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Traditionalist Conservatism, Social Ownership, Limited Government

10 views9 pages

Document Summary

Political culture: the fundamental political values, beliefs, and orientations that are widely held within a political community, a collective attribute of a political community. Political socialization: the process by which new generations and immigrants are socialized into the political culture. Through the educational system; the media; expose to the ideas of parents, friends, and associates; and various organizations such a religious institutions, political parties, community groups, and labor unions. Evolves gradually as new circumstances or important events lead to changes in political thinking. Subcultures: variations on the national political cultures, different groups or areas of a country may hold contrasting-even clashing values and beliefs. 1st: i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)es e(cid:454)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)i(cid:374)g a (cid:272)ou(cid:374)t(cid:396)(cid:455)"s histo(cid:396)i(cid:272)al e(cid:454)pe(cid:396)ie(cid:374)(cid:272)es, its constitution and governing institutions, the general policies that governments adopt, and the writings of it leading thinkers, political figures, and political observers, limitations: May depict the political culture of the past rather than the present.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers