Exercise unit five.docx

1 Page

Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 3480
Professor
distanceeducation

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full page of the document.
Description
Exercise 5.6 Self-affirmation When I am competing and something goes wrong, I normally feel guilty and start to criticize my performance. My mind starts saying to me that I should have done better, and if sentences became frequently. If I ran faster, if I have attacked to the other side, if I… To control this, I should stop saying if sentences and start to say that in the next game I will improve my mistake, that I am able to do much better, that I trained a lot and my performance is improving. For me, the personal affirmation that works best is to talk inside my mind about my skills and then I can get more relaxed and self-confident. Exercise 5.8 Burnout Raedeke describes burnout as a syndrome characterized by physical exhaustion, emotional disturbances, and cognitive changes in perspective. Cresswell asserts that burnout is attributed to constant and excessive pressure to succed to win. I start to practice volleyball when I was 11 years old, I start just for fun but years was passing and as I was improving my performance, the coach ask me to practice more serious to get into competitions. I accepted and I was really exciting about. Problems start to come, the pressure from the coach and my self-criticism was taking my sleep away, this cycle never ends and I was getting even more stressed and less confident about myself. My performance decreased because of my burnout, I was physically exhausted and in a high level of stress. My family notice that I was at the limit to get crazy, and then I talk with them and to a psychology, they helped me a lot. I decide to have a ‘normal life’ hanging o
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit