HLTH344 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Grounded Theory, Structured Interview, Conversation Analysis

70 views4 pages

Document Summary

Structured interview- aims to determine the kind of data produced quite tightly. In this type of interview, the interviewer must follow a specified set of questions, in a specified order, for each interview to generate comparable answers from each respondent. Informal interviews are more like natural conversations that happen fortuitously in the field, in which data are gathered opportunistically. Semi-structured interview- the researcher sets the agenda in terms of the topics covered, (cid:271)ut the i(cid:374)te(cid:396)(cid:448)ie(cid:449)ee(cid:859)s (cid:396)espo(cid:374)ses dete(cid:396)(cid:373)i(cid:374)e the ki(cid:374)ds of i(cid:374)fo(cid:396)(cid:373)atio(cid:374) p(cid:396)odu(cid:272)ed about those topics, and the relative importance of each of them. An in-depth interview is one that allows the interviewee enough time to develop their own accounts of the issues important to them. Narrative interview- aim is to facilitate the interviewee in telling their story. Participants to relate the story of how they came to be diagnosed with glaucoma.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers