PSYCH257 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Attack

31 views4 pages

Document Summary

Is anxiety a functional or adaptive disorder: characteristics of anxiety disorders. Psychological disorders pervasive and persistent symptoms of anxiety and fear. Symptoms and avoidance causes clinically significant distress and impairment. Anxiety is a future oriented disorder and characterized by tension while fear is more concern on the present and is more likely has a strong avoidance tendencies: the anxiety disorders: an overview. Situationally bound (cued) panic: e. g. : i panic when i go to parties. ; i panic when i cross a bridge. : unexpected (uncued) panic : e. g. : i don"t know when will i have a panic attack. Situationally predisposed panic: e. g. panic disorder with and without agoraphobia. Experience of unexpected panic attack (i. e. , a false alarm: develop anxiety, worry, or fear about having another attack or its implications, agoraphobia. Symptoms and concern about another attack persists for 1 month or more. 3. 5% of the general population meet diagnostic criteria for panic disorder.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers