PSYCH257 Chapter 7: Chapter 7: Mood Disorders. Great text notes. You can use this to study for the midterm. Book: Abnormal Psychology

44 views16 pages

Document Summary

*building blocks: (e. g. , major depressive episode, manic episode, hypomania episode) If this episode is not treated: it usually takes up to six or nine months. *age of onset: subjects not in treatments: 25. The average on set is decreasing, particularly in adolescent girls. * example: for the last month or so, i just haven t had any energy. Most of the time it s just too much of a struggle even to get out of bed. I never leave the apartment any more; there s no point. I never have fun, even when i m hanging out with my friends. Oh, and i realized a couple days ago that i haven t been eating much; i m just not hungry ever. All i do is just sleep all day because i can t even read or watch tv. Cognitive: pessimism, guilt, decreased concentration, interest, and motivation, suicidal thoughts. Behavioral: low energy, lack of self-care, crying, psychomotor retardation, and agitation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers