PSYCH253 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Random Assignment, And1, Social Desirability Bias

77 views8 pages

Document Summary

3 components studied by socpsych: social thinking - how we see ourselves/others; what we believe; our judgements and attitudes, social influence - culture/biology; conformity; persuasion; groups of people, social relations - altruism and attraction/intimacy vs aggression and prejudice. That guy who shoved me was just plain rude! Ideal and satisfactory behaviour from others is often externally attributed rather than internally; so what if he aced that test I was always quite good at that subject. vs if i wasn"t feeling sick i"m sure that test could have gone better Central themes in social psych; behaviour is a function of the person and the situation - ); thinking, memory and attitudes all operate on a conscious and subconscious level (dual processing). Sometimes this can be for the better and we commit acts of generosity and compassion. Are we careless/adventurous enough to consider smoking?: social relations, social behaviours has a biological basis, recall we are the products of nurture/experience and nature/biology.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers