PSYCH 338 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Shared Belief, Master Sergeant, Intranet

51 views5 pages

Document Summary

Communication info exchanged b/w a sender + a receiver. Interpersonal communication exchange of info b/w ppl. Effective communication (cid:862)right people(cid:863) re(cid:272)ei(cid:448)e the (cid:862)right i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374)(cid:863) i(cid:374) a ti(cid:373)el(cid:455) (cid:373)a(cid:374)(cid:374)er. Filtering msg to be watered down/stopped during transmission: caused by time pressures, or lack of attention to detail. Slowness: can be slow for horizontal communication b/w departments. Voice constructive expression of disagreement or concern about work unit/org practices: speaking up, contrasted w/ silence withholding relevant info, directed vertically (i. e. boss) / horizontally (i. e, directed vertically (i. e. boss) / horizontally (i. e. teammates) Psychological safety shared belief that it is safe to take social risks. Mum effect to avoid communicating unfavourable news to others: provoke negative reactions, more likely to occur when the sender is responsible for the bad news. Grapevine org. informal communication network: examples. Can transmit info to the performance of the org. Occupants of work stations that receive a lot of traffic are good candidates to be grapevine transmitters.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers