1. Obtain a sample of a powdered beverage.
2. Using about 1mL of deionized water, dissolve a few grains the power in a vial.
(Solution must be deeply colored; highly concentrated)
3. Set of the column and attach the syringe to the tip of apparatus.
4. Pour the dissolved solution into the column slowly.
5. Pull the sample down slowly, only as the far as the upper sand bed.
6. Add deionized water so that the silica gel doesn’t run dry.
7. Collect the brightest colored sections in vials. Discard any other liquid.
8. Clean the column: pull through 15mL of deionized water, leaving water to cover
the sand bed.
1. Compare the dyes obtained through the c