COMM 296 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9: Positio, Value Proposition, Micromarketing

67 views3 pages
17 Oct 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Common segmentation bases (*each has many segmentation variables*) Geographic grouping of consumers on basis of where they live (country/climate/urban) Demographic grouping based of easily measured, objective characteristics (age, gender income) Psychographic based of how consumers spend time and money, what activities they pursue, and attitudes and opinions about the world in which they live. Behavioral segmentation methods that divides customers based on how they use the product/service. Benefit grouping based of the benefits they derive from products/services. Occasion based on when a product/service is purchased/consumed. Loyalty strateg(cid:455) of i(cid:374)(cid:448)esti(cid:374)g i(cid:374) lo(cid:455)alt(cid:455) i(cid:374)itiati(cid:448)es to retai(cid:374) fir(cid:373)"s (cid:373)ost profita(cid:271)le consumers. Geodemographic based of a combination of geographic, demographic, and lifestyle characteristics. Age, gender, education, income, family stage, marital status, religion, ethnicity, household size. Lifestyle, self-concept, self-values, needs and motives, perceptions, attitudes and beliefs. Self-values goals for life overriding desires that drive how a person lives. Self-concept the image a person has of himself.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers