HSS 3332 Chapter Notes - Chapter 7: Normalization Process Theory, Smart Card, Collective Action
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Smart card article
What are two popular myths about smart card technologies?
• Smart cards will allow ‘big government’ to track and gather more information on citizens
• Smart cards make it easier for identity thieves and fraudsters to access databases on
What actions can be taken to help dispel these myths?
• Enhance trust and security
• To ensure our trust is not betrayed, and prevent misuse of personal information by
authorized individuals, we create policies, laws, penalties and enforcement agencies
• Smart cards are highly secure
Diffusion of Innovations Theory
Describe Rogers' theories of technology adoption and diffusion.
• Diffusion is the process by which an innovation is communicated through certain
channels over time among the members of a social system
How can technology adopters be classified?
• Early adopters
• Early majority
• Late majority
What are the recommended strategies for encouraging diffusion?
Normalization Process Theory (NPT; May & Finch, 2009)
How does NPT define work? practice? And normalization?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version