ON TRUTHAND LIES INANONMORAL SENSE
1) Critique of human pride in "knowledge" and "truth". Reflected in e.g.
philosophy (as metaphysics, the study of the nature of reality) and science.
2) Pragmatic account of the evolution of drive for truth.
3) Anti-realist account of language and thought. Described as a process of
"transference," of "metaphorizing," yielding an anthropomorphic metamorphosis
4) Contrast between logic and science, on the one hand, and myth and art, on the
other. Is at the same time a contrast between the "rational" and the "intuitive" man. SELF-REFERENTIAL PARADOX
1) If his theory is true, then what he is saying is false.
Given that "what he is saying" = "his theory" (because that is what he is
expounding here), and given that "false" = "not true", the above sentence can be