CONDENSED NOTES – SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY (CHAPTER 3)
- Facial expression
- Eye contact
- Body language
- Facial expressions are due to emotion. (6 basic emotions)
- Eye contact can mean positive feelings.
- Body language includes:
Posture (emotional states)
- Appropriate? (Social contact that is acceptable) touching = positive reaction.
- Good for recognising deception.
Better detection of deception when analysing both non-verbal and verbal communication.
- Two types of non-verbal cues:
Visual Cues: Movement, eye contact, smiles.
Vocal Cues: Eg. Stuttering. Pitch of voice, response time.
Pauses are very important.