Chapter 6- Ego Analytic Psychology
- Moves considerably beyond Freud but without abandoning his key concepts and principles.
- The focus changes from the study of the adult to the study of the child
- The emphasis shifts from the id to the ego
- Expansion of psychoanalysis as a therapeutic tool and greater appreciation of the role of society and
- Emphasized the role of the ego, giving it a greater degree of autonomy. She also extending the
interest of psychoanalysis to the study of the child.
As Enhanced Understanding of the Ego
- The ego