Chapter Six Notes
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Chapter 6 – Entertaining/ Special Occasion Presentations
Some Guidelines to Consider Before Using Humor
•Not natural, don’t use it unless you are comfor table; practice or leave it out
•Not comfor table with long stories, use one-liners
•Not sure if it’s funny, try it out on a friend or leave i t out
•Sur prise audience with humor (don’t say “I want to share this funny story with you”)
•If no one laughs, say something to ease the silence
•Don’t laugh too hard, laughing too hard is in poor state
If You Choose to Use Humor
1. Remember the punch line. Remember the end
2. Make s ure that the anecdote relates to your speech & is appropriate.
3. Have good timing. Practice by telling it to others, modify or eliminate if it doesn’t go
4. Don’t be cruel.
5. Don’t use vulgar language.
6. Humor doesn’t travel & it doesn’t work overseas. Keep audience in mind, funny in
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version