CLA160H1 Chapter Notes -Farsala, Extortion, Aten Asteroid
15 views4 pages
Mar. 2, 2013
- Renewal 56 BC
Theatre ( comedy, drama)
Chariot race (circus Maximus)
Gladiatorial fights not colosseum
LR 172.1.and 2
- Philosophical writings on duties
- Re-enactments… sttged with gladiators and how do they make them fight??
- Religious connection…
- Late republic…. When its growing.. not easy to find opposition later one at all.
Political events… one or the other… problems with ordinary political structure machinary in Rome…
orderly meeting… cant elect consul… nominated by senate… it comes down to when caesar goes over…
senate decides to send succesors. What comes next? Charging for extortion
Whos fault was it?
Mommsen (1800s) Rechts (rights) frage pomepy guilt caesar in the right.
Should keep his safe face… -_- wtf.
Expect pal to give leeway.. war did break out and has friends among tribunes among rome and they
should be listen to… senate and pomepy didn’t pay attention..
Cesar had little experience solliders… pomepy had to leave rome from italy.
- Cicero seperated from his friends.. down to march… when war broke out jan 29.
- Feb. 8-9…
- Ceasar dominates in rome where his army contineus to fight and followers of pomepy..
- Major victories… 48 PHARSALOS in greece
- 46 North Africa, TAPSUS
- 45 Munda in Spain.
- Expands a large part of the mideterranena.
- One way war because Pomepians squeezed further back…. And don’t have victories.
- Famous quote from ceasar. I came I saw I conquered. Veni veidi vichi.
o One of the Pontic wars….
- Northeast of asia minor… mithradatics…. Modern turkey…
- Resistances… ceaar forces..
- How does he build up his possession.
- Single out major thing he did… back in rome when pomey is dead… wars going on.. no good
news for the pompeians.
- He showed CLEMENCY forgave his enemies.
- Rome had more than the share of the civil wars.
- Reason why his reputation was high among the pal acting in late roman republic.
When its growing not easy to find opposition later one at all. Political events one or the other problems with ordinary political structure machinary in rome orderly meeting cant elect consul nominated by senate it comes down to when caesar goes over senate decides to send succesors. Mommsen (1800s) rechts (rights) frage pomepy guilt caesar in the right. Expect pal to give leeway war did break out and has friends among tribunes among rome and they should be listen to senate and pomepy didn"t pay attention Cesar had little experience solliders pomepy had to leave rome from italy. Cicero seperated from his friends down to march when war broke out jan 29. Ceasar dominates in rome where his army contineus to fight and followers of pomepy One way war because pomepians squeezed further back . Veni veidi vichi: one of the pontic wars . How does he build up his possession.