Excerpt from “The German Ideology”
“Thought and being are indeed distinct, but they also form a unity.”
- Relations of production are also political and legal relations
- Division of labour renders these relation independent to each.
- Such relations are concepts
- Such concepts are accepted due to independent existence assumed
- These concepts are validated by political scientists and jurists.
- Dominant material force in society is also dominant intellectual
- Means of material production controls means of mental production
- Those who lack the means of mental production fall subject to it.
- Dominant ideas are the ideal expression of the dominant material relationships.