PSYC 3330 Chapter Notes -William Glasser, Glasser'S Choice Theory, Total Quality Management

63 views13 pages
19 Apr 2013
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

There are 3 headings and each theory falls under one of them: Non-directive: democratic discipline, choice theory and positive behaviour. Leadership theories: teacher effectiveness training, responsible thinking leadership. Process and pain: explain the positive and negative effects of practice for providing students with rewards to shape behaviour. Introducing rewards is referred to as positive reinforcement. Acknowledgement of effort and good work, i. e. supportive gestures, supportive verbal or written comments, high fives etc. Individual activities as reinforcers, i. e. free time with peers or teacher, enjoyable work, listening to music, going first, visiting library, etc. Group activities as reinforcers, i. e. system of merit points, group games, class party, excursions, treasure box, etc. It us assumed that rewards will increase the quality and quantity of children"s school work, in addition to eliminating discipline problems, without doing any harm. The more rewards used, the more they seem to be needed.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers