46-370 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Job Security, Performance Appraisal, Association For Talent Development
SchoolUniversity of Windsor
Course CodePSYC 3700
This preview shows pages 1-2. to view the full 7 pages of the document.
The role of trading
money spend of training
- according to the american society for training and development (ASTD_ in 2010
-organizations spend $125 billion each year on training
-2.14% of payroll was spent on trading
-$1,081 per employee
Need to consider
The role of training
-improve performance by increasing
Global types of training
-basic, technical, interpersonal, person, organization skills
-Determine training needs
-Develop training program
-Establish goals and objectives
-Choose best training method
-Prepare the training
-Conduct the training
Evaluate training success
what is a training need?
Discrepancy between actual performance and
-an ideal, norm, minimum, desired rate, expected rate
types of needs analysis
- process of determining the organizational factors that will either facilitate or inhibit training
-Goals and objectives
Only pages 1-2 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.
-Employee readiness: Attitudes, Time, Commitment
– Management support
-Resource analysis: funding, staff, physical resources
Job analysis identifies
-Conditions under which tasks are performed
-KSAOs needed to perform tasks under those conditions (interviews, observations and take
Task analysis identifies how tasks are learned
-Expected at time-of-hire
-Easily taught on-the-job
-Current training program
-performance appraisal scores
-skill and knowledge tests
developing a training program
Setting Goals and Objectives
What Do You Want to Accomplish
– Knowledge (general v. expert, narrow v. Broad) – Skill (what level of proficiency?)!
– Motivation (How much and for how long?)!
– Appreciation (e.g., diversity)
Goals should state
– What learners are expected to do !
– The conditions under which they are expected to do it !
– The level at which they are expected to do it !
Goals should be !
– Concrete !
– Attainable !
Can you accomplish your objectives? !
choosing the best training method
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version