Psychology 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Reciprocal Altruism, Biological Determinism, Parental Investment

62 views4 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

: how behavior and tendencies have evolved in. Personality traits in humans have survived because they help us achieve our overriding goals. Characteristics more likely to be preserved if they increase: Some survive and reproduce more successfully than others in the. You will be an alcoholic genetic determinism says you will be: b. Mothers and young are independent from the group. Females band together to fight off unwanted sex. Always keep in mind survival and survival of the next generation. Clark & hatfield (1989) attractive males and females approach strangers of the opposite sex, and ask one of the following three questions: Would you go out on a date with me tonight: 50% of males and females agreed to go out on a date. Would you come over to my apartment: 6% females vs. 69% men agreed to the apartment visit. Would you go to bed with me tonight: 0% females vs. 75% men agree to sex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers